Further to the last point of the previous post, no it isn't possible to transfer a blog from one weebly site to another, even when the entire site is copied. Apparently the blog is specific to an individual site and therefore doesn't copy. What I could do instead however is to:
1. make a new copy of the james 858499 site (eg 'james858499copy')
2. rename the original james858499 site as 'dissertation'
3. redesign the 'dissertation' site using the design and format of the existing 'dissertationtest' site
4. remove all the non-dissertation content* from the 'dissertation site', replacing with dissertation content
1. *when I copy the james858499 site, I'll lose my RM blog. I could though just keen this hidden on the dissertation site.
2. i don't expect i'll be able to rename/revert the james858499copy site back to james858499
Before I do anything, I need to think through whether or not this is a good ideas as it's going to be a fair amount of work. Also, there doesn't seem much pointing in working on the design/content of the dissertationtest site for the time being, as it's all going to have to be copied over.